Thursday 13 June 2013

Like, This Is My Baby, isn't America's baby----Kanye West

Kanye West has spoken. In an extensive interview with The New York Times' Jon Caramanica — just days before his six solo album, "Yeezus," drops — Kanye has sat down and given us the lowdown on what's going on inside his head.
As usual, the 36-year-old gifted rapper/producer speaks highly of Kanye, comparing himself at different points in the interview to Michael Jordan, Walt Disney, Howard Hughes, Anna Wintour, David Stern and Steve Jobs. The latter reference is perhaps the most insane nonsense to ever emerge from West's mouth.
"I think what Kanye West is going to mean is something similar to what Steve Jobs means," he says. "I am undoubtedly, you know, Steve of Internet, downtown, fashion, culture. Period. By a long jump. I honestly feel that because Steve has passed, you know, it’s like when Biggie passed and Jay-Z was allowed to become Jay-Z."

And just in case you're wondering, Kanye still has no regrets for the instincts that led him to go onstage and bum-rush Taylor Swift's acceptance speech at the 2009 MTV Video Music Awards. In his famous rant, he complained that Swift unjustly won the Best Female Video award. He argued that BeyoncĂ© deserved the honor because her clip for "Single Ladies (Put a Ring on it)" "was one of the best videos of all time."
Kanye believes the incident made him a better person. "It's only led me to complete awesomeness at all times," he says. "It's only led me to awesome truth and awesomeness. Beauty, truth, awesomeness. That's all it is."
Furthermore, Kanye adds that any of his past apologies to Swift were not sincere. He said, "I have, as a human being, fallen to peer pressure."
Kanye also talks a bit about his girlfriend, Kim Kardashian, when Caramanica mentions a scene from "Keeping up With the Kardashians" in which he encourages Kim to get rid of her entire wardrobe before buying her all new clothes. "That was from a place of love," West says. "It's hard when people read things in a lot of different ways. You know, the amount of backlash I got from it is when I decided to not be on the show anymore. And it's not that I have an issue with the show…Because I just see like, an amazing person that I'm in love with that I want to help."
Yet, West also wants to keep his impending fatherhood private, adding, "I just don't want to talk to America about my family. Like, this is my baby. This isn't America's baby."
Seems like Kanye wants the spotlight on his own terms. It'll be interesting to see how that plays out in the wacky world of the Kardashians.

No comments:

Post a Comment