Tuesday 24 December 2013

Gov. Amaechi, One Of Those On Jonathan's Secret Watchout List

Some of the secrets exposed by Chief Olusegun Obasanjo's open letter to President Goodluck Jonathan are at the moment generating a lot of controversy, even within with PDP as some of those who had thought that they are close to president have learnt that their names too are on the list.
Governor Rotimi Amaechi of Rivers State have also disclosed, based on information at his disposal, that he is one of those they are allegedly training snipers to take out should it be difficult for the ruling party to rig the 2015 general election.

“I’m number one on the list. They want to kill me,” Amaechi told a huge crowd in Port Harcourt.

The governor made the shocking revelation during an exciting rally organised by the Save Rivers Movement – a political group backing Amaechi’s stand on the state’s political future.

Amaechi, who is also the Nigeria Governors’ Forum (NGF) chairman, said: “Today (yesterday), I am not declaring. I said I would declare at the new stadium. The reason for gathering today is to remind Nigerians that the current Federal Government is carrying on with impunity. There is no rule of law in Nigeria. They are using police to molest us. Where police fail to molest us, they are using thugs to shoot dynamites and guns against innocent people.

“I read the President’s (Jonathan’s) letter and he said ex-President Obasanjo should prove the 1,000 names on the watch list. I am number one on the list. They want to kill me, but they have no God. The God we worship will protect me. Before the end of the year, I will address the state.

“They will shoot you. They have no fear for your blood. They want the position at all costs. Whether you all die, they do not mind governing just the land. You must know that if you read the story of revolution, you must sacrifice. Somebody said my son should come to the front. If you want my son tomorrow, I will produce him.

“If I have surrendered myself and I am ready to be in front, let them shoot. Anytime you start a street march and you do not see me in the front, you must know something must be wrong and you must know that they have arrested me. I am not a big man governor. I am a governor that is on the streets with his people.

“One other thing that is bothering me is that all those who are on the other side, saying they want South-South President, I agree with them. In politics, you are not here today (yesterday) because you like Amaechi; you are here because of your own political interest. If a South-South President refused to give you water, you will push him out."

Governor Amaechi continued: “They said Buhari is not a Christian. Buhari is a Muslim. We are not preaching religious politics. Everybody in Nigeria has the right to worship where he wants to worship. I am a Catholic and I will worship Christ. I will die a Christian, but do not bring politics into good governance.

“It is only when there is bad governance that they begin to look for who is an Ikwerre man, who is an Ijaw man, who is an Hausa man, who is a Yoruba man. If there is good governance, you will be talking about schools (developments). Have I told you I am an Ikwerre man? I told you I have done schools, health centres and roads. I am facing power. They should tell us what they are doing. We are prepared for a debate with them.

“If you listen to them closely, our brothers, who are on the other side, they are hungry. They have been out of power for nearly eight years. If you vote them into power, what will happen? They will steal all the money. They are broke. The ones that are not broke, that are in government, they are busy stealing and building mansions everywhere. They have no fear. I have never seen corruption like this in Nigeria before."

All the top APC leaders were at the rally at the Liberation Stadium in Port Harcourt.

“President Jonathan said in his letter that former President Obasanjo should apologise on the issue of $49.8 billion. Right on television, a debate between the Minister of Finance (Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala) and the CBN (Central Bank of Nigeria) Governor (Sanusi Lamido Sanusi). The CBN Governor said they had reconciled, but they had not found $12 billion, but the Minister for Finance said it was $10.8 billion. Even if it is $1 billion, it is stealing. $1 billion is N170 billion. There are some states that their budget (annually) is N130 billion. Bring our money. I have never seen corruption like this before", Amaechi stressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment