Tuesday 27 August 2013

An American Pastor Bans Members From Wearing Hair Weaves To The Church

 Pastor A.J. Aamir
The senior pastor at Resurrecting Faith Church in Waco, Texas has advised his female congregation not to wear weaves to church. 39 year old Pastor A.J. Aamir said he grew wary of looking out over his congregation and seeing a sea of hair weaves. Pastor Aamir feels women wearing weaves presents a false image of themselves and are associated with women who have low self-esteem.
“Our black women are getting weaves trying to be something and someone they are not. Be real with yourself is all I’m saying,” Pastor A.J. Aamir told AmericaPreachers.com.
He said he “highly disapproves” of women wearing weave in his church, where the average age of the congregation is 22. Meaning most female members wear weaves.
“Long hair don’t care. What kind of mess is that? I don’t want my members so focused on what’s on their heads and not in their heads. I lead a church where our members are struggling financially. I mean really struggling. “Yet, a 26-year-old mother in my church has a $300 weave on her head. No. I will not be quiet about this.”
But why is a pastor concerning himself with a woman's hair? I thought it was more about what's in your heart and soul and not what's on your head? Anyway, I'm sure he’ll change his mind when tithes and offering decreases. Then he will be yelling 'All weaves aboard' Lol. #kidding. Your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment