Wednesday 29 May 2013

Dbanj Now Charges N8m and $100k outside Nigeria

What is the true story of your former manager, Bankulli's exit from DB Records?
The thing is that I won't really dwell too much on this issue but I want to categorically say everything that everybody has read or heard is a big fat lie.
Infact, I don't know where that story is coming from. There is a definitely time for everything. Bankulli was a wonderful manager and he is still my brother. He is a good guy but he can't be flying around with me again as he now does his own things. He still called us for a show recently when we were in South Africa. When people say someone that worked with me for one year is not working with me again, I laugh. My former manager, Sunday Are still gets me shows. People keep spreading unpalatable rumors.


Are you in touch with former partner, Don Jazzy?
Don Jazzy produced four songs on the DKM album coming out soon. I remember when I was in America and they were mastering a song and I heard the one featuring Fally Ipupa which was produced by Don Jazzy and I was like wow! I called him immediately and he picked up. I said listen to what I'm hearing, this is a music you produced. So don't get twisted like I said, love is a beautiful thing. I'm a businessman and I do what is right for my business. What I'm doing now is what I have always wanted as an artiste, professionalism and good distribution. I don't have any regret.
Tell us about your relationship status…
I have dated a lot of women but I don't really want to talk about them because most of them have moved on and some are married. I don't have any regret at all because I am still young and am still a bachelor.
Do you feel bothered about it when your mum brings up the issue?
Not at all but it's a normal thing for mothers. She is proud of me and I do let her understand that it's not that I don't want to marry but I have not found the right one. If she finds the right one for me; she can call me.
How do you react to rumors and critics?
It's a normal thing for people to talk but you don't have to be distracted. All you need is to stay focused. I want to thank everybody for staying with me genuinely even during the dreadful time. I promise not to let you guys down and you should remember that in everything I do, I'm also human.

No comments:

Post a Comment