Thursday 15 August 2013

Tameka Raymond Speaks Out About Son's Pool Accident

Tameka Raymond
Tameka Raymond has broken her silence about the pool accident that nearly killed her 5-year-old son and her custody battle with ex-husband Usher.

The stylist appeared on Good Morning America on Wednesday and said she is "angry [the incident] happened on his watch," but doesn't blame her ex for it. "While accidents happen, never have my children been injured on my watch," she adds.

Of course, Tameka is all too familiar with tragic accidents. Her 11-year-old son Kyle Glover was killed after colliding with a jet ski last year. Now, she explains that getting the call that her five-year-old Usher Raymond V was in grave danger gave her an unsettling flashback. "I was at a dental appointment, and [Usher] doesn't call me regularly, so when I saw his number come up, I immediately jumped up," she recalls. "It was like I relived [Kyle's accident]. My brain just went into all those modes," she says. "I even said on the phone, 'I've had this call before.'"

Usher Raymond V was released on August 13 after spending a week in the ICU, looking happy and healthy. Within days of the accident, Usher and Tameka were back in court fighting over custody of the boys (the former couple also have a younger son, Naviyd). Tameka requested an emergency hearing asking for primary custody of the boys, accusing Usher of being "gone 85% of the time" and leaving the boys in the care of unqualified relatives and nannies.

"I'd like to have my first right of refusal, which means when he is not present, the kids come home to their mom," Tameka told GMA of what she hopes to accomplish in their ongoing custody battle. "They don't stay home with the nanny and watch whatever show he's on. They come home to their mother." She added that she learned of her younger son losing his first tooth on Instagram. "I'm missing stuff."

Tameka lost her bid to gain primary custody of her boys last week, but appeared to be on civil terms with Usher. The pair exchanged a hug after the hearing, and Tameka tells GMA that she doesn't hate her ex. "Absolutely not, no. That's the father of my children, and I love my kids more than life itself."

No comments:

Post a Comment