Tuesday 16 July 2013

Adidas Suspends Tyson Gay’s Sponsorship Amid Failed Test.

Tyson Gay’s contract with sportswear manufacturers Adidas has been suspended following the American sprinter’s reported failed drug test.
An out-of-competition test conducted by the US Anti-Doping Agency in May tested positive for oxilofrine which has been said to be an ingredient in some dietary supplements but a banned substance in sport.
Pending the results of the 30-year-old’s ‘B’ sample from the USADA he has been dropped by Adidas.
Gay said on Monday: “I don’t have a sabotage story… I basically put my trust in someone and was let down.
“I know exactly what went on, but I can’t discuss it right now.
“I hope I am able to run again, but I will take whatever punishment I get like a man.”
Gay is the joint-second fastest man ever over 100m. He is also the fastest man in the world this year and won gold in the 100m, 200m and 4×100m at the 2007 World Championships.
“We are shocked by these recent allegations,” a spokesman for Adidas said on Monday.
“Even if we presume his innocence until proven otherwise, our contract with Tyson is currently suspended.

No comments:

Post a Comment