Wednesday 31 July 2013

Denzel Washington struggles with his weight

Denzel Washington has confessed his appetite for ice cream means he struggles to keep his waistline in check.
The 58-year-old actor has a sweet tooth and has a weakness he struggles to control for calorie-laden Häagen-Dazs ice cream.
During an appearance on ‘The Late Show with David Letterman’ last night  Monday July 29, 2013, he said: ‘Actually at one point I got to 247 lbs. I was directing a movie and I was editing the film so I was very nervous about it and I’m in the dark in the editing room for five or six months and I’m just eating.’
 
Denzel’s next movie is action comedy flick ‘2 GUNS‘ – in which he stars opposite Mark Wahlberg. The Oscar winner had to get in shape for the stunt-filled film and he insists there’s no quick fix to get fit. When asked how he lost the weight by Letterman, he replied: ‘There’s no easy way, you just work out but I’m not going back there.
Denzel used to regularly go to a boxing club to keep fit but after he started suffering headaches while preparing for his role as a pugilist in ‘The Hurricane’ he quit the sport.
He recalled: ‘I remember I was with Michael Spinks, the ex-light-heavyweight champ. I was preparing for the film ‘The Hurricane’ and we were actually sparring, not me and Spinks but me and another guy … and I started getting a little slower and headaches and I said to Michael, ‘I’m starting to get headaches,’ and he said, ‘Oh you’ll get used to that.’ And that’s when I stopped. I don’t want to get used to that.’

No comments:

Post a Comment